BookTube is a big fan of read-a-thons. There was Bout of Books 7.0 earlier this year, followed by the 30 day read and “official” BookTube-a-thon over the past 2 months.
Each time a read-a-thon has come around I’ve been far too busy to take part. To my surprise, this week is looking unexpectedly quiet – sooo… let’s do this. Here’s some info:
“The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team”
I’d planned to post a video with my TBR choices today, but ended up – ironically or otherwise – at book club all day.
My reading choices are:
- The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood – I’m currently on page 238 and need to finish this for Saturday, so finishing this goes first.
- Barrel Fever by David Sedaris – Maybe, just maybe. I’m seeing Sedaris live this Wednesday so undecided whether to blow my load now or save this precious last book of his for a little while longer…
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent – A last minute Book Fest choice, also on Saturday. I’ve been looking forward to this one.
- NW by Zadie Smith – Which I’m excited to be reading with my friend Kevin in our mini international new fiction book club.
- Going Postal by Terry Pratchett – Which Jean has kindly lent me, and which I’m very keen to read.