I wondered what Guybrush had been up to since he defeated LeChuck…
The other day my friends and I had a conversation about how people present themselves on the internet. My man observed that, “It’s almost like taste is the new talent. People are revered for putting together images or even links in ways we find compelling.”
It’s true, and it’s something I’ve always been envious about — more than I’ve ever actually tried it.
As a junkie of words and images (or, as I’m loathe to call it, but secretly hope to be one day considered by my peers, a “culture vulture”), gathering stories, harvesting links, and secretly hoarding away unread tabs like nuts for the winter is part of my routine. I’ve decided to share it.
- Quotable Queen Miss Piggy and her Guide to Life, and other life lessons via The Paris Review Blog‘s Emma Straub.
- Ellipsis podcast from former Rocketboomer Ella Morton – particularly this episode with Alice for the iPad designer Chris Stevens – is compelling listening for creatives.
- Byliner ebooks and Kindle Singles have captured my curiosity. Any recommendations?
- I’ve always battle the New Year blues by reading the archives of those who inspire me. Rachel Hills’ Musings of an Inappropriate Woman and Susan Orlean’s Free Range are good places to start.
- If you’re a vlogbrothers fan (which, by the way, you ought to be); Hank has a new channel called SciShow. Perfect for SISNs (secret internet science nerds) and science n00bs.
- 2011: The Cinescape
- Rewind by Levi Beamish — like Eternal Sunshine in miniature
What are you reading / watching / clicking compulsively this New Year week?
Read more: Film 2012
Click more: For my usual links & reblogs, join me on Tumblr.